Software Developers provide the technical expertise to create enhancements, code corrections, and deliver a positive user experience to MSI customers. Software Developers fulfill both the support and development programming roles and work in teams with other developers, product analysts and management when appropriate.
- Develop software using Microsoft technologies as required.
- Deliver fixes, enhancements, interfaces, and new systems that provide value to the users of MSI as expected and on time.
- Work with Product Managers, Senior Developers, Product Analysts and/or other subject matter experts as necessary to determine project scope and methodology.
- Learn and use team/infrastructure and corporate MSI standards for all phases of product development. Understand design and implementation of existing systems and apply necessary enhancements where required.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction by ensuring accuracy, quality and responsive delivery times in all duties. Perform thorough unit testing and ensure that software developed integrates into the core system.
- Learn and follow the MSI Spry/Lean development practices. Review code and approaches of junior developers to ensure Spry/Lean compliance and quality.
- Diligently manage all source code changes using the assigned version control tools. Document all development updates accurately within the company’s issue tracking systems.
- Support and mentor other software developers by providing advice, coaching, and other educational opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience developing and supporting software applications in a Windows environment desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in programming, software engineering or related field preferred or equivalent experience and/or demonstrated development skills.
- Strong problem solving, technical, application / system troubleshooting skills with the ability to think clearly and resolve issues efficiently under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools preferred.
- Ability to learn and master new technology and committed to continuously learning.
- Willingness to learn and follow MSI Spry/Lean development standards.
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Patience, flexibility and an ability to handle pressure.
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and team relationship skills; able to work well individually or as part of team.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for quality of work performed.
- Must show initiative by offering ideas to help improve the department.
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality concerning development projects.
- Ability to learn on the fly and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity when facing new problems
- Experience as a leader with proven skills in directing others
Learning on the Fly