The Client Relationship Manager proactively creates and nurtures long-term relationships between Jonas Chorum and our customers.
Dedicated to an assigned group of customers the Client Relationship Manager ensures that all operational aspects of the relationship are effectively and efficiently maintained and is responsible for customer satisfaction and customer attrition within his/her market.
The Client Relationship Manager must have advanced knowledge of the hotel industry and Property Management Systems and share their expertise by advising customers, helping to troubleshoot and share system best practices.
As a member of the Leadership Team, the Client Relationship Manager must be a strong leader, be obsessive with delivering exceptional customer service and actively encourage colleagues to do the same.
The Client Relationship Manager’s primary goals are reducing attrition, improving customer satisfaction and inproving the Jonas Maintenance Ratio.
The Client Relationship Manager reports to the Manager, Strategic Accounts.
80% Internal/External Customer Relations and Satisfaction
- Be obsessive with delivering exceptional customer service.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for customers in the customer group assigned to you.
- Serve as customer advocate to all internal Jonas Chorum departments.
- Provide strong leadership to achieve an overall improvement in customer satisfaction within assigned customer group.
- Be knowledgeable in Jonas Chorum products to advise customers on system best practices.
- Speak with all assigned customers on a quarterly basis to ensure customer satisfaction; more often when required to reach full customer satisfaction.
- Maintain full awareness of escalations; communicate with customer and act on their behalf as advocate to ensure timely resolution.
- Work with Strategic Account Management to ensure the strategic long-term needs of the customer are met.
- Analyze support metrics, monitoring for chronic service and/or product issues. Work with internal teams to improve service/products.
- Monitor customer tickets to ensure tickets are assigned and worked within an appropriate aging period.
- Be familiar with aging tickets; understand why they are not closed and communicate the reason to the customer in timely manner.
- Prepare for and represent Jonas Chorum during Customer Support Calls; follow-up on all outstanding questions and items.
- Manage customer complaints. Work with the appropriate department(s) to meet short- and long-term resolutions.
- Analyze customers with high volume support needs to determine how best to address their needs. E.g. training, different product, etc.
- Create and implement action plans for at-risk customers.
- Work with Ambassador properties to gain user feedback on new/existing features.
- Research enhancement requests and report requests to the Product Team in order to improve our products.
- Work with each customer to obtain reference status.
- Measure and report on customer attrition within your customer group. Conduct exit interviews to understand why customers cancel. Work with internal departments on cancellation trends in order to reduce customer attrition.
- Initiate, oversee and monitor progress of customer projects from conception to completion.
- Coordinate with internal Jonas Chorum departments to ensure customer upgrades are performed and delivered to clients in an efficient and successful manner.
- Ensure support technicians are trained on customer-specific business practices. Conduct follow-up training as necessary.
- Represents Jonas Chorum through customer communications and at outside events (tradeshows, conferences, association meetings) as required.
- Collaborate and work with Support Management on improving and maintaining support best practices
- Demonstrate innovation by seeking ways to improve the support department, customer service and Jonas Chorum.
- Help maintain an environment that is in support of Jonas Chorum’s goal to become the best-in-class technology partner to the hospitality industry.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by Jonas management.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet Jonas Chorum standards through the quarterly Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Review and follow-up on After Ticket Survey results.
- Reports to the Manager, Strategic Accounts.
- Enlists the support of Support, Product, Development, Sales, Professional Services, Accounting and other management resources as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of prior leadership experience in Customer Care, Service Delivery or Account Management required.
- Previous hotel experience preferred.
- Proficient with hotel Property Management Systems.
- Proficient with Central Reservation Systems.
- Familiarity with XML messaging.
- Basic SQL knowledge.
- Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency for goal achievement.
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical, communications, problem solving, decision-making, policy development, and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to stay focused on results despite changing conditions.
- Must be a motivating leader and coach.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
- This position requires extensive interaction with customers and all Jonas departments. Must be self-motivated, dynamic and creative team player.
- All prospective employees must pass a background check.